Discipling Nations Online School
DNOS is about applying biblical worldview – or rather biblical world-vision – to all areas of society, especially to your workplace. Or, similarly, to life and vision as a student in university.
Our vision, that we want to invite you into, is to walk out the Great Commission to “make disciples of all nations” in daily life: colleague by colleague, workplace by workplace, sphere by sphere, city by city – and be what Jesus has called us to be: the “light of the world” or the “city on a hill” that doesn’t hide but that gives light to all (Matthew 5:13-20).
The Discipling Nations Online School is a part-time course (approx. 5h/week), spread over 2 consecutive modules and an individual third part, about 3 months each, and can be done while working, studying, raising a family, or whatever else your season looks like right now.
We believe God is interested not only in the flourishing of the church institution, but of all humanity. We believe business, government, media, arts, celebration, tech, science, health care, education, and families are all intended by God to reflect His image and bring Him glory.
Did you know that the Bible talks as many times about the individual person as it talks about cities or nations, often addressing them like a person? That the Bible teaches timeless principles and values for discipling all nations: in its prime example how God discipled the nation of Israel? Did you know that many former Protestant nations are still largely based on biblical principles?
We believe that beyond Revival a new Reformation is due that empowers every follower of Jesus to take the gospel outside of church programs and walk it out in every domain of society in daily life. We believe every Christian’s professional vocation is complementary to church ministries and equally important as an avenue to bring the blessing of God to those around us.
We are called to partner with God in His mission on earth. As the body of Christ, as Jesus’ hands and feet, we are called to engage with the people in all of society: right where they are. Jesus came to tackle the root cause of our brokenness, sin, in order to heal and restore everyone and everything from the inside out for His glory – and YOU are now His agent on earth!
Join our online learning community as we discover together how to obey the Great Commission and see the Lord’s Prayer walked out: God’s will being done on earth as it is in heaven.
– Learn how to apply biblical principles to real world situations.
– Grow in influence over areas in society by first getting to know more God’s character and His ways, and then reflecting Him in your life in any given context, in any given challenge.
– Discover God’s will for the area that you are called to influence and disciple.
– Explore how to release His blessing into that area – and to reveal the nature and character of God through your life for those around you!
– Dive deeper into your calling to “let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven”.
Our desire is that as you discover God’s vision for this world, you will develop your long-term vision for life (Module 1); as you discover God’s mission with this world, you will understand in greater depth your calling and your role in this world in this time of history, in your nation (Module 2) – and that this will enable you to create your long-term strategy how to cultivate godly kingdom culture in your everyday life, and disciple your nation – starting with those around you, among whom God in His wisdom has strategically placed YOU (Part 3).
Module 1: “GOD’S WORLD VISION” [15 weeks, ~5h./week] *
Module 2: “MY LIFE MISSION” [14 weeks, ~5h./week] *
Part 3: “MY LIFESTYLE” [~12 weeks, individual]
* A module runs typically from end of March to beginning of July, or from end of September to beginning of January. – You can continue with module 2 at any future course entry, available twice a year.
For Module 1 (God’s World Vision) and Module 2 (My Life Mission) – most are read partly, three in full:
– “The Book That Transforms Nations: The Power of the Bible to Change Any Country” by Loren Cunningham
– “An Introduction to the Old Testament Template: Rediscovering God’s Principles for Discipling Nations” by Landa Cope
– one elective focus-book specifically on your sphere of society (biblical worldview)
Chosen chapters are from:
– “Discipling Nations: The Power of Truth to Transform Cultures” by Darrow Miller
– “Change Agent: Engaging Your Passion to Be the One Who Makes a Difference” by Os Hillman
– “This Book Changed Everything: The Bible’s Amazing Impact On Our World – Volume 1” by Vishal Mangalwadi
– “The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization” by Vishal Mangalwadi
– “The 7 Mountain Renaissance: Vision and Strategy through 2050” by Johnny Enlow
– “Making Jesus Lord: The Dynamic Power of Laying Down Your Rights” by Loren Cunningham
For Part 3 (My Lifestyle):
– “Futureville: Discover Your Purpose for Today by Reimagining Tomorrow“ by Skye Jethani
– “7 Keys to Unlocking Your Life P.U.R.P.O.S.E.: Discovering Your Destiny by Understanding Your Design” by Stuart Simpson
– “The 9 to 5 Window: How Faith Can Transform the Workplace” by Os Hillman
– “The Way of Life: Experiencing the Culture of Heaven on Earth” by Bill Johnson