Discipling Nations (Online Study)
An exploration into biblical worldview and how it shapes culture and nations.
Dates: Starts 24th March 2018
Course Cost: 90€ (+ approx. 100€ for books)
- (for admin, server fees, accreditation, and course development)
Requires: approx. 4 hours/week
Prerequisites: Discipleship Training School (DSP 211, 212), or having read 'Is That Really You God' by Loren Cunningham
University of the Nations Accreditation: 6 Credits
We believe God is interested not only in the success of christians or the church, but in the flourishing of all society. We believe the bible is timeless and contains needed principles for building healthy, strong and prosperous societies. We believe the church is called to have influence in leading society into a glorious future. We believe business, government, education, science, technology, celebration, arts, media, and families are all created by God and are thereby inherently good. We believe vocation is equally important, and is complimentary, to the church as an avenue to bring the blessing of God to those around us.
We are called into a great and glorious partnership with God and right now God is calling the Church to re-engage with Him and society in establishing his kingdom as a blessing to all people. Join our online learning community as we discover together how to follow the Great Commission Jesus has given us to make disciples of all nations.
Learn how to apply biblical principles to real world situations. Grow in influence over areas in society by understanding timeless truths and how they govern the world. Explore God's will for the area that you are called to. Learn how to release His blessing into that area and how to reveal the nature and character of God in what you do.
The course is designed into 5 modules. For each module you will read a keynote book and study a number of complementary resources, with study guides helping you to process the readings and podcasts. Alongside we will discuss our discoveries in a study forum. Each week you will have assignments; some you submit to the whole course for discussion, some to your study group for peer-to-peer review, most from a similar vocation and “sphere of influence”. The modules conclude with a workshop to channel the module’s content into practical application for the “sphere of influence” that you are passionate about.
Material used is from some of the best teachers on the topic. Loren Cunningham, Landa Cope, Darrow L. Miller, Vishal Mangalwadi, Bill Johnson and Os Hillman.
Our passion and goal is that as you grow in your biblical worldview, you will discover your role in discipling nations, develop your vision and approach towards the sphere of influence God has called you in, and create a strategy how to cultivate kingdom culture in your everyday life and vocation.
1) Introductory Studies - The Power of the Bible to Change Any Country
2) Bible Studies - Biblical Foundations for the Christian Worldview
3) Worldview Studies - The Power of Truth to Transform Cultures
4) History Studies - How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization
5) Kingdom Studies - Creating Kingdom Culture
- “The Book That Transforms Nations: The Power of the Bible to Change Any Country” by Loren Cunningham
- “An Introduction to the Old Testament Template: Rediscovering God's Principles for Discipling Nations” by Landa Cope
- “Discipling Nations: The Power of Truth to Transform Cultures” by Darrow L. Miller
- “The Book That Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization” by Vishal Mangalwadi
- “The Power That Changes the World: Creating Eternal Impact in the Here and Now” by Bill Johnson
- "Change Agent: Engaging Your Passion to Be the One Who Makes a Difference" by Os Hillman
Authors of Teaching Material:
Ché Ahn, Scott Allan, Landa Cope, Darlene Cunningham, Loren Cunningham, David J. Hamilton, Os Hillman, Bill Johnson, Tim Mackie, Vishal Mangalwadi, Darrow L. Miller, Bob Moffitt, Francis A. Schaeffer, Alan Vincent, Lance Wallnau, Ralph Winter, Robert Woodberry.
For a full course curriculum click here.